Change
Who am I....
I find myself asking that question sometimes.
I'm I still that kid from NC trying to look out for everyone else but himself?
I'm I still that juvenile fresh out of high school who's just learning what the real world is all about and what it has to offer?
I'm I still that young snot nosed soldier who threw caution to the wind and tried to run the streets? Who didn't care what no 1 said or thought because he thought he was grown.
I'm I still that brotherly figure to those who needed my counseling on different aspects of life?
I'm I still that man who stands by his word and his beliefs.
Who am I....
As my 25th birthday approaches I have been taking a long look at my life past, present, and future. Where I came from and where I'm going; The goals in life I set before myself and how I'm going to achieve the ones not accomplished yet; and how I feel about my life right now in general. Am I'm happy with my life right now? I can honestly say yes. I got family and friends who love, care, and support me. I got a woman who's all that I wanted and so much more. I have a job where I can travel different places and see the world. I have some money in the bank and I'm almost debt free. I'm not saying I don't have my problems every once in a while but with God's help and the help of friends and family, I overcome and learn from all obstacles set before me. Life's good. As I look over my life I see that I've changed a lot both; physically, mentally, and spiritually. Some changes were bad, some were good. Change is constant.
Change is something that'll happen whether we want it to or not. How things change depends on you. If you want something to change in your life, don't sit around and wait for it to happen, make it happen. It's choice not chance that determines your destiny. Don't be afraid of change. Step out in faith. Norman Vincent Peale once said: Change your thoughts and you change your world. Proverbs 23:7 says: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Need I say more. Is there something in your life that you would like to change?
I find myself asking that question sometimes.
I'm I still that kid from NC trying to look out for everyone else but himself?
I'm I still that juvenile fresh out of high school who's just learning what the real world is all about and what it has to offer?
I'm I still that young snot nosed soldier who threw caution to the wind and tried to run the streets? Who didn't care what no 1 said or thought because he thought he was grown.
I'm I still that brotherly figure to those who needed my counseling on different aspects of life?
I'm I still that man who stands by his word and his beliefs.
Who am I....
As my 25th birthday approaches I have been taking a long look at my life past, present, and future. Where I came from and where I'm going; The goals in life I set before myself and how I'm going to achieve the ones not accomplished yet; and how I feel about my life right now in general. Am I'm happy with my life right now? I can honestly say yes. I got family and friends who love, care, and support me. I got a woman who's all that I wanted and so much more. I have a job where I can travel different places and see the world. I have some money in the bank and I'm almost debt free. I'm not saying I don't have my problems every once in a while but with God's help and the help of friends and family, I overcome and learn from all obstacles set before me. Life's good. As I look over my life I see that I've changed a lot both; physically, mentally, and spiritually. Some changes were bad, some were good. Change is constant.
Change is something that'll happen whether we want it to or not. How things change depends on you. If you want something to change in your life, don't sit around and wait for it to happen, make it happen. It's choice not chance that determines your destiny. Don't be afraid of change. Step out in faith. Norman Vincent Peale once said: Change your thoughts and you change your world. Proverbs 23:7 says: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Need I say more. Is there something in your life that you would like to change?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home