Perceptions

Monday, March 21, 2005

For Pops "Thank you"

Last entry I said that I felt helpless, weak, and scared. That’s not me. That's not my personality. My pride won’t let me be like that. That’s the attitude I got from my pops. I use to and still do look up to my pops. I can remember him coming home from work sometimes and you know he’d be dog tired because he was a fixer at a textile mile. Putting in over time just to put food on the table, keep the lights on, and clothes on our back. But no matter how tired he was, he almost always made time for the family. Mom would be sleep sometimes because she worked the night shift so it was him who helped me with my homework or cooked dinner. I remember he would sit down with me sometimes at the kitchen table trying to help me with homework but would end up falling a sleep on the table. Snoring and drooling. Yeah, I had to call you out. Pops, thank you for all that you’ve done and for helping me become the man I am today. If it wasn't for you, I would probably be out on the streets selling rock. I love you man. More than you’ll ever know. Your words of encouragement and your mentorship mean a lot. Thank you for staying with moms and us. I honestly don’t know where we’d be with out you. Keep your head up and keep doing what you do. I'm proud of you man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home