Perceptions

Monday, March 21, 2005

Appreciate

"You never truly appreciate a good thing until it's gone." I've heard that more times than I can count. And you know what, it's true. That was something I learned at an early age. My family wasn't the wealthiest family. There were times when we went without. One time we were without a home and my grandma took us in until we could get back on our feet. There was another time when we were without running water because our underground well dried up. The city at the time wouldn't run a water line through our part of town because they said it was too far out of city limits. We had to buy those big red plastic gasoline jugs and fill those up with water from my grandma's house just so we could cook and boil water to wash ourselves and do the dishes. I remember when we finally got running water again it felt like Christmas day. That day felt unreal. I had a new found appreciation for something that a lot of people take for granted. A lot of people do that with their friends and family. They'll have someone that's always there for them. A person who's there to listen or just to hang with. Don't let these things that people do for you go unnoticed. Let these people know that you appreciate them and what they do. A simple thank you or a hug can mean so much. It's the little things that count. To all my peeps that are reading this, I thank you for all you've done for me. I appreciate all you did for me and for me getting me to the point where I'm at now. I wanna give a special thanks to my baby. I thank you for sharing your world with me and allowing me to share my world with you. For giving me your trust. For putting up with me. For increasing my knowledge. For being my 5 and 6. I appreciate you ma. Never forget that.

1 Comments:

  • Damn, pa, you are to me my number one as well. You just don't know it yet. I hope that you keep doing what you are doing. The one that is going to always spit that knowledge in your ear. Your educatedthug.... Know that....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM, March 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home