Perceptions

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Monsoon

Monsoon season has started here in Korea. It's not all that bad if you enjoy the rain. Me, I love the rain for different reasons. I sleep and run better when it's raining. I like walking in it and the memories it brings. Today me, J, and a couple of friends went out to Outback for lunch out in the city and later walked in the rain back to post. Felt good. Memories of my first tour in Korea began flooding in. I remember when me and the "mexican connection", Mesa, and Elana used to go shopping in Osan or Seoul on a rainy day without a rain coat or umbrella. We used to come back to the barracks soaked but we were happy. Another memory is of my tour in V.A. I had just moved in with Brandy a couple of months earlier into the apartment that was on the bay. I remember whenever it would rain a lot, the street leading to the house would flood out. If you didn't have a SUV, you weren't getting home until the water receeded. At the time, Brandy had a camareo that was a lowered. I remember riding home in my sportage and thinking to myself, "I wonder if Brandy made it home before the heavy rain started." As I turned up the street, I see this little figure walking up the flooded street in BDU's with boots in hand. I thought to myself, that looks like Brandy and sure enough it was. When she saw me pull up, her face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. Another memory is me and B sitting out on the deck looking out on the water talking as the rain began to fall. I remember when there were nights when I couldn't sleep and I would go out on the deck and just watch the rain fall. It was relaxing. I could go on and on on this blog about the memories the rain brings but I'll end it here. What more can I say? I love the rain.

1 Comments:

  • Man,I remember that day. My car wouldn't make it and the water was up to my knees, so my boots would have flooded. You caught me just as I was losing feeling in my feet, ha ha ha ha! That must have been a funny sight though, seeing me walking in that water carrying my boots. Heh, makes me laugh thinking of those times, thank you. MAN, those were some good times. I suppose its easy to lose sight of them :)
    By the way, when are you coming home?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM, July 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home